Jun 27, 2018

New Education Assistance Program

The National Association of Government Employees and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts are pleased to announce the implementation of an Education Assistance Program (EAP) beginning in the Fall 2018 semester to assist members of Bargaining Units 1, 3 and 6 and their eligible dependents to pursue further education.

Who Is Eligible to Participate? All active members of NAGE Bargaining Unit 1, 3 and 6 who have completed six months of employment are eligible to participate.  The benefit is limited to one reimbursement per member per academic year.  The student can be the member, the member’s eligible spouse, or the member's eligible dependent.

What Is the Maximum Reimbursable Amount? The maximum reimbursement is $500.00 per member per academic year.  You can submit for either the fall or spring semester.

How Will the Benefit Work? The member and eligible family members must determine who is applying for the reimbursement in any academic year (one reimbursement per member/academic year).

How Do I Apply For Reimbursement? At the end of the term year the member must submit a completed application along with a grade report that provides proof of the passing of the course and proof of payment.
Reimbursements will be issued twice per year - in April for the Fall semester and August for the Spring semester, depending on date of the completed course.


We are pleased to offer this program to our members and hope that you will take advantage of this new benefit.

If you have any questions or require any additional information, contact the NAGE Fund Office at 1-800-641-0700 or em
ail fundoffice@nage.org.
View the full brochure in printable format by clicking here.

We can either have democracy in this country or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few; but we can't have both. - Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis
NAGE HEADQUARTERS 159 Burgin Parkway
Quincy, MA 02169
Main Phone: (617)376-0220
Main Fax: (617)984-5695
Union Local Tax Issues Federal law now requires that every local union file an annual information return—Form 990, 990-EZ, or 990-N—with the IRS. If your local fails to file under this new requirement.. Read more