Dec 10, 2021

IBPO Local 364 gives back through Ronald McDonald House and Pedal Thru Youth

IBPO Local 364 gives back to their community through their charitable outreach, 364 Gives Back. This year, the local has chosen to donate to the Ronald McDonald House and Pedal Thru Youth. 


Published on
Written by Don Shipman and Seth Rosenthal

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The Springfield chapter of the International Brotherhood of Police Officers (IBPO), announced Tuesday morning their plans to make a generous donation to two local organizations.

The Union’s charitable arm “364 Gives” presented a $5,000 dollar check to both the “Pedal Thru Youth” and the “Ronald McDonald House” outside the Springfield Police Headquarters Tuesday afternoon.


The union raises most of their money through an annual golf tournament back in September. They also accept donations from the public, many of whom give every year.


“Each year we host our golf tournament to honor the memory of Officer Kevin Ambrose and in turn raise money for some of the organizations Kevin and his family feel strongly about. This year we continued the tradition in Kevin’s memory and will be able to really help some worthwhile organizations,” said IBPO Local 364 President and Springfield Police Officer Joseph Gentile. “It’s just another extension of what the Springfield Police Department tries to do in the city of Springfield, which is to help families and to help the citizens of the city.”

“Our officers and 364 Gives do an incredible job to raise money throughout the year to support local organizations. Our officers take pride in their work and take pride in our community,” said Springfield Police Commissioner Cheryl Clapprood.

Since it’s founding in 2011, the Local 364 has donated more than $150,000 to various organizations in the Springfield community.

The American Labor Movement has consistently demonstrated its devotion to the public interest. It is, and has been, good for all America. - John F. Kennedy
NAGE HEADQUARTERS 159 Burgin Parkway
Quincy, MA 02169
Main Phone: (617)376-0220
Main Fax: (617)984-5695
Union Local Tax Issues Federal law now requires that every local union file an annual information return—Form 990, 990-EZ, or 990-N—with the IRS. If your local fails to file under this new requirement.. Read more