Mar 28, 2019

GIC Annual Enrollment Now Open

Please see the memo below from the GIC, detailing the 2019 open enrollment period.  

March 28, 2019
The Group Insurance Commission Annual Enrollment kicks off on Wednesday, April 3, 2019 and continues through Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
Annual Enrollment offers Commonwealth of Massachusetts employees the opportunity to review their benefit options, enroll in or change their coverage, effective July 1, 2019. All members will be able to change plans, and the GIC encourages enrollees to compare health insurance products to identify the right match for their needs. 
New this year:
·     All carriers, products, and yearly deductibles will remain the same.
·     A lower co-pay of $150 for members who utilize freestanding facilities for eye procedures and GI endoscopies. Co-pays for procedures at hospital outpatient facilities would remain the same at $250 this fiscal year.
·     Benefit Strategies will be administering the Commonwealth’s Flexible Spending Account pre-tax program starting July 1, 2019.
·     GIC is having a Special Open Enrollment for its Long Term Disability benefit program from April 3 - June 14.
If you wish to make a benefit change for the 2019-2020 benefit year:
·     You must submit your benefit change request(s) to your GIC coordinator (active employees) or directly to the GIC (retirees) by Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
·     If you choose not to make any changes, your coverage will continue automatically.
Attend a GIC benefit fair event in April to meet with GIC staff and carrier representatives about the products and benefits available to you. This year’s benefit fair schedule is below. You can find also find a benefit fair near you and other Annual Enrollment information at

Where trade unions are most firmly organized, there are the rights of the people most respected. - Samuel Gompers
NAGE HEADQUARTERS 159 Burgin Parkway
Quincy, MA 02169
Main Phone: (617)376-0220
Main Fax: (617)984-5695
Union Local Tax Issues Federal law now requires that every local union file an annual information return—Form 990, 990-EZ, or 990-N—with the IRS. If your local fails to file under this new requirement.. Read more